Marc Hendel Runs Across Israel for Big Brothers Big Sisters
A familiar personality at Take Steps for Kids, Marc Hendel is running again in an effort to raise funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Marc will not be joining the runners and walkers in the course around the Washington University campus this year though. Instead, he has planned a nine-day, 300-mile run across Israel.
Marc is in Israel as a participant in OTZMA, a 26-year-old organization that offers Jewish youth, ages 20 to 30, a 10-month experience in Israel, filled with opportunities for volunteer service and educational programming. Marc joined the program after graduating from Wash U in 2012.
Marc begins his run on March 12. This is the first run of its kind across Israel by an American. The run will be called the Strengthening Bonds Run because its objectives are to:
- Strengthen the bonds between Israel and America
- Strengthen the bonds between children and their mentors
- The goal is to raise at least $1,000 for each organization.
- Donate $50 and Marc will run with your message on his back for 10 kilometers. He'll take a picture and email it to you.
- Email your message to Hendel.Marc@gmail.com.
- For more details, check out: www.RunIsrael.org.
(In the photo is Marc Hendel.)
If you have a comment or a question about this story, contact Mary Jane Daum by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (314) 615-1094.